HP announced its new laptop called HP Spectre 13, or simply HP Spectre today. HP Spectre takes pride in being the thinnest notebook available in the market today. Hp Spectre is a 13.3 inch laptop boasting thickness of just 10.4 mm (0.41 inch) and weighs about 2.45 pounds.
Its thickness has not stopped HP from packing it with Intel’s Core i5 and i7 processors. To eliminate heat issues, the laptop has ebeen equipped with a pair of cooling fans and a hyperbaric cooling channel built into the laptop. HO claims Spectre will provide 9.5 hours of usage on single charge, thanks to a unique four-cell design, wherein the battery is split into smaller, thinner pieces to use the available space better.
Adding luxury and style to Spectre, HP chose not to announce it at CES 2016 or other electronics shows. Instead HP Spectre 13 was unveiled at a luxury conference in Versailles. To give it premium look and feel, most of HP Spectre’s body is made from a dark gray aluminum. Its carbon fiber bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight.
HP Spectre 13 at a Glance
- High gloss copper accents that reflect a hand-polished, high quality, premium finish.
- 13-inch full HD IPS edge-to-edge display featuring Corning Gorilla Glass 4. Display resolution: 1,920 x 1,080.
- 6th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, PCIe SSD with storage up to 512GB and up to 8GB of RAM.
- Intel hyperbaric cooling system to keep things cool, even with its powerful Intel processors.
- Innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces, provides about 9.5 hours of battery life.
- Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufse, coupled with HP Audio Boost technology.
- Three USB Type-C connectors, two of which support Thunderbolt.
HP Spectre 13 Price and Availability
The base model of HP Spectre will start with price tag of $1,169. It will become available for pre-order via hp.com and bestbuy.com starting April 25. An exclusive configuration for Best Buy priced at $1,249.99 will be in stores starting May 29.